Velios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to the North

+8
G.H.O.5.T
Mikhos
Jormung
Liam the Wyrm King
BASE_SEVEN
Matt the Wyverntamer
The Rat King
Admin
12 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Journey to the North - Page 4 Empty Re: Journey to the North

Post  Zakaer Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:51 am

Zakaer landed the ship and sighed "Alright, we are gonna be here a while make yourselves comfortable in town. Need some repairs and fuel and this thing guzzles gas the couple of times a year we need to fill her."
Zakaer
Zakaer

Back to top Go down

Post  Garthous Dobre Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:55 am

Out of the dense streets of vendors and people, a lone man in a long coat steps heavily foward. "Comrades!" the figure points at the airship ""That's quite the machine you've got there, where might a crew like yours be heading in these troubled times?"
Garthous Dobre
Garthous Dobre

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:00 am

Liam smiles "Hello my friend, this is actually a friends ship, she helped us during some recent misfortune, though it appears to be a modified Elysia class military vessel. She must have acquired it at a warehouse in Janwyn or Andron." if this man was in the black market he would know the look and maybe the voice of the Wyrm King himself. Being the most prominent and well known Black Market Dealer in the northern area of Velios has its perks.
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  Garthous Dobre Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:08 am

The stranger stares back at the man who had stepped off of the ship. "You'll have to be careful who you go around speaking to around here, mate." The man truns, a flash of metal gleams from beneath his wide brimmed hat, he steps closer and mutters; "People are getting to be a bit tired of all this sickness, you never know who they'll rob." The stranger steps back once more, gazing back at the ship, "Shame it's not yours, I've got some toys I'd like to try out on an ship like that." Beneath the long, baggy sleeves of the overcoat that hid the man's figure, a slender, metal hand slides out, on the middle finger, carefully embossed on the polished metal, is a small seal, it betrays the man's identity as the ruthless Garthous. "You'd best be careful who you go around shopping with, your magesty." Garthous stands erect, surprisingly tall, he turns and walks back down the pier. As he steps back into the crowd, he vanishes instantly. Down the road, a small shop turns it's lights on.
Garthous Dobre
Garthous Dobre

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt the Wyverntamer Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:21 am

Matt listens to the stranger's words, "Well, it appears we have a lot to look out for here, huh?" he chuckles. He then speaks to Zakaer, "Make sure the wyvern is kept someplace safe. If anyone sees him... let's just say things won't turn out too good." He then speaks to Mouse and Persephone in hushed tones, "We should probably keep a low profile here. We're not exactly... Welcome, if you know what I'm saying." 

The two nod in agreement. They both put up the hoods on their cloaks to disguise themselves.

Matt then smiles, "Well... Why don't we go to the bar then!?" he says as he steps off of the ship.
Matt the Wyverntamer
Matt the Wyverntamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Liam chuckled at the man "I'm quite careful, i can assure you" when he saw the hand he knew who this was but he didnt say anything, he followed the man to that shop and took a quick glance around." Liam's three main wyrms were with him like they always were.
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rat King Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:36 pm

The Rat King was able to notice and identify the seal on the man's finger.
Well well well. Who would've thought we'd run into Garthous by chance like this? He's a character I've been interested in meeting for some time now.  Archie steps to Liam. He speaks in a low tone.

"I've heard of this dealer before Liam. I know his name is Garthous, and that he's been rising in the underground community rather quickly. In merely a few years he's built quite a reputation. It might be worth our while to pay him a visit while we're here,  I'd love to see what he's all about."
The Rat King
The Rat King

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Liam nodded at Archie "Yea i've heard of him too, a couple friends of mine used to deal with him when he was alot smaller. He supposed to have some really good merchandise. I'm sure would could find something useful, and is it just me or shouldn't there be way more guards on those walls we passed? Isn't this place the front line in the Drakin Human war or have i missed something? I have to say Archie im not very up to date."
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  Garthous Dobre Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:33 am

The inside of the shop is dimly lit. Scattered across the floor, walls, and amongst the rafters are all types of fabrics, metals, wood, stones, machines, contraptions, and schematics. In the back, behind a tall oak desk, near the smoldering fire place, lies a grand, wing-backed chair. In the seat is the lanky figure from before, lazily leaning against the chair's back engrossed in a large, leather bound book.

The smoke from the fire mingles with the steam drifting from beneath the overcoat the man wears before driting up the chimney thus creating a heavy, sleepy air that strains the eyes to see through and silences footsteps. The room is not large, nor is it clean. As a shop, it fails horribly, as a sanctuary, it stands unrivaled amongst the busy stores that surround it. 

Nobody walks into this building without catching attention, but the city guards and the townspeople will never admit to its existence. Nobody speaks about Garthous, if questioned, the people of Silvergold will cock their heads, put on their best face of confusion, and change the subject. It is not fear that drives such strong discretion, but respect. Most in Silvergold would have died long ago if it weren't for this amusing piece of local lore.

The man in the chair lifts his hand, a golden bracelet dances around his fingers. "It seems the king can't even watch over the property he keeps on his body, let alone a city he knows of from merchant's tails alone."
Garthous Dobre
Garthous Dobre

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt the Wyverntamer Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:53 am

Meanwhile, Matt, Mouse, and Persephone enter a nearby pub. In the pub, Matt walks past a number of huge wooden bulletin boards with various posters and pictures attached to them. On one such bulletin board are the wanted posters of numerous criminals. One of these wanted posters happens to have the face of one Matt the Wyverntamer, and reads:

"WANTED!!!

For piracy, assault and battery, mischief-making, vandalism and the occasional act of murder

MATT THE WYVERNTAMER

Presumed to be armed and dangerous. Most likely traveling in a group. Might be traveling with a dangerous animal.

Anyone who captures Matt the Wyverntamer and his associates will be greatly rewarded"

The three of them sit down at a wooden table, with a waitress coming shortly after.

"Welcome! Can I get anything for you three today!?" she asks.

"Oh... You can get me something alright..." he responds, winking. The waitress would notice a charming, slightly flirty smile on Matt's face, making her blush and giggle. Mouse blushes a little, while Persephone just sighs and rolls her eyes. He continues, chuckling, "I'll just take a round of beers for each of us, thanks."

"O-okay, coming right up!" she says, smiling. She then goes to the back.

"Alright, now that that little show is over, what the hell is going on!?" Persephone asks, agitated.

Matt puts a finger up to her lips, "Shhhhhh... No one must know we're here, Persephone," he whispers.
Matt the Wyverntamer
Matt the Wyverntamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Liam walks slowly into the shop, simply looking over everything in sight with an eye only a seasoned veteran of black market dealings would have. He smiles and chuckles at Garthous' comment and simply continues to look around "So, I've heard some interesting things about you. You've gone and gotten yourself a very nice reputation among those who know where to look and how to listen" Liam looks at the figure and smiles.
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  Garthous Dobre Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Garthous looks bored by his guest. "You finally showed up, I was worried that taking this collateral would prove to be a waste of time." Garthous throws the bracelet to the king's feet.
Garthous Dobre
Garthous Dobre

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rat King Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:02 pm

Archie eyed the scattered goods and wares that the man had displayed. No doubt this was only a fraction of his entire store. He likely hid the 'good stuff' somewhere else. The Rat King found the tone of the stranger amusing, if sightly annoying.
"Now now, Garthous, play nice. It's customary to act more friendly when you're the host."
The Rat King
The Rat King

Back to top Go down

Post  Garthous Dobre Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Garthous looked towards the rat, he wasn't too fond of rats, always trying to steal and work their way past his security. Nonetheless, he had business with both of these, lesser beings.

"Pardon my manners," Garthous smiled gently, "please, come into my office. Surely you'll understand, the tea I had set out has gone cold by now." Behind a wooden door at the back of the store was a small room, at its center was another large desk, this one was covered in cups, saucers, a teapot, and biscuts.
Garthous Dobre
Garthous Dobre

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Liam kneeled down and picked up the bracelet and smiled, laughing slightly "Guess the rumors are true. You are quite good aren't you Garthous. Though as my friend said, perhaps you'd like to treat us with slightly more...respect." He seemed quite cordial and diplomatic, though to the Archie it must have been obvious his friend was unhappy with this new comer. Garthous would not recognize it, having just met Liam, he didn't have the mannerisms down. Of course that was all before he offered his hospitality, in which case Liam became quite fond of this man. He followed the Rat King inside though, not fulling trusting Garthous.
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  Garthous Dobre Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:26 pm

"I'm not sure you fully understand your position here." Garthous said as he pulled up a chair and poured some tea. "It's very brave of you, a Drakin and a rat to enter this city, at a time like this, especially with a fugitive in tow. Besides that, you've been away for quite some time. I'm not sure how you think Silvergold is run these days, but I assure you, the black market is gone, around here it is called "the market" as a result, your authority is not recognised here, Liam."

"Before you get your panties in a bunch, I am inclined to assure you that these are just facts, not threats. afterall, it does now one any good to threaten a business associate."

Garthous held the plate of biscuts out to his guests.
Garthous Dobre
Garthous Dobre

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rat King Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:01 am

Archie stepped forward and calmly accepted a biscuit keeping his composure, yet clearly displeased. He gripped it with the tips of his fingers and nibbled on it.
"Rat I may be, but this vermin happens to have a rather extensive spy network at my disposal. Trust me, I'm far from clueless. Silvergold has been a hotspot of activity recently and don't think your ascension has gone unnoticed, friend. You see you've got your business to run, and I have my nation." Archie looked at him sternly

"You've seemed to run this place pretty effectively but don't forget who you're talking to. And our dear friend Liam here would agree with me when I say that the black market can never truly be gone. You appear to have a pretty tight grip on things here but only an idiot would allow themselves to think that they have complete control." He paused.

"You, sir, are most definitely not an idiot. But I digress, I merely wish for you to reconsider just how powerful these business associates in front of you are. We very good at what we do." Archie's tone was serious and authoritative. He turned to Liam then, "Anything else to add, friend?"
The Rat King
The Rat King

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:10 am

Liam chuckles and smiles at Archie and Garthous "Just one thing, i may be a simple black market merchant, but i have far more power then you think. Things that you my good friends couldnt even imagine. I've been in this region, in this business since before you were born my friend." He nodded at Archie "That is all i have to say." As he grabbed a biscuit and threw a piece to his water wyrm to see if it was poisoned and when the wyrm confirmed it was not, he ate.
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  Garthous Dobre Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:21 am

Garthous sat back in his chair, clearly, these men before him knew nothing of the gathering storm. "Perhaps you two are more powerful than I let on, after all, a prince of thieves is a prince none the less." He glanced down at his arm, the sleek metal glimmering in the candle light. "But what is a prince, to a king?" The first drops were falling now, a quite patter on the doorstep. "And what, my associates, is a king to a virus?" The street was cleared of people now, only the dark shadows and pooling water walked the streets. "Rat, I have offended you beyond repair, perhaps it is time you left." Garthous looked at Liam, "You, however, I still have business with."
Garthous Dobre
Garthous Dobre

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt the Wyverntamer Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:30 am

Persephone quickly takes Matt's finger away from her lips, blushing slightly. Mouse giggles. "A-alright," Persephone whispers in a somewhat agitated tone, "J-just tell me what's going on." She begins to calm down, "What is this so called Infection?"

"To make a long story short, something bad has been released into the world, and Mouse and I have joined a group to stop it," he whispers.

"And if we don't stop it, it'll consume the entire world," Mouse whispers in a slightly sing song voice. Matt quickly looks at her and shakes his head. Mouse pauses for a little bit, "... Oh... And if we don't stop it, very bad things will happen," she whispers in a normal voice.

"... And that's basically the gist of it," he says.

Suddenly, the waitress comes back out to the table with three bottles of beer in her hands and sets them down, "Here you go, enjoy!" she says, "If there's anything else you need, just let me know!"

"Why thank you, darling," Matt says. He then takes out a shiny gold bracelet. "I assume this will be... acceptable payment?" he asks, winking again.

The waitress blushes again, "Oh my... You know how to make a girl blush, don't you?" She quickly takes the necklace and puts it in her pocket.
Matt the Wyverntamer
Matt the Wyverntamer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rat King Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:44 am

Archie nods at the man's statement. You keep pinning the title of thief on me, yet I can assure you I despise that art of cowardice and disrespect, Archie thinks to himself, though somehow I doubt you even care.
The Rat King had seen and heard all he needed to know at the moment and there were other places he'd rather be.

"I suppose you are right, I seem to have overstayed my welcome. I got what I came here for and I'll bother you no more. We shall talk later, Liam." Archie takes another look around the place and then looks back at finely dressed figure.
"You have not disappointed me, Garthous. Take care." He shuffled out of the door and started down the street towards a familiar sewer gate.
The Rat King
The Rat King

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:51 am

Liam sighs and looks at Garthous "You seem to have insulted my friend, what business do you have with me Garthous? Do you want something from me?"
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  Garthous Dobre Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:05 am

"I can't stand rats, that one especially, he betrayed manking, and your glorious General Kain for his own gain." Garthous flips a switch below his desk, shutting down the main store and leaving the two closed off in the office.

"Whether you realize it or not, Liam, your power here is gone. These days, all eyes are on me. I give these people protection from the sickness, invaders, thieves, murderers, and crooked salesmen. In return, the gaurds look the other way at any "illegal" goods, sold by myself, or anyone in the city. The Emperor has almost no power over this city anymore, I hold these people, these streets, and these buildings by the coinpurse. Nobody cares who has diploatic power or status here anymore, I've made sure of that. But I've grown bored of all of it, these walls, the endless boredem. I want bigger things these days, and I see no reason to keep the wealth to myself. Unfortunately, I need an insurance policy."

Garthous leans foward and looks directly at Liam. "Give me Element 115, and I will give you this city."
Garthous Dobre
Garthous Dobre

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:15 pm

At the mention of betraying Kain, Liam's eyes shot open with rage and he slammed his fist on the table "HE DID WHAT!? That dirty filthy rat...Kain was a close friend of my father, so close i used to call him Uncle Kain. Me and Archibald are going to have words later on." Upon listening to the rest of the man's offer and then hearing what he wanted Liam nodded "I assumed out of anyone you would know i had it. I'm quite interested in this deal personally, but i have a very important question."

He leaned forward "115 could level Andron, could crippled the entire world if you harnessed it...why do you want it."
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  Garthous Dobre Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:44 pm

Garthous smiled, relaxed and took a bite out of a biscut, "What would I gain from leveling the world? You can only profit from the living after all. Honestly, I plan to use it as a power source, it will help me help this god-forsaken world. I can assure you, I would never waste such a precious resource on war."
Garthous Dobre
Garthous Dobre

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum