Velios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to the North

+8
G.H.O.5.T
Mikhos
Jormung
Liam the Wyrm King
BASE_SEVEN
Matt the Wyverntamer
The Rat King
Admin
12 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Journey to the North - Page 2 Empty Re: Journey to the North

Post  Jormung Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Jormung stood straight, taking his elbows off the railing of the ship. Still, he kept his gaze fixed on the starry skies. Without turning to Archie and Liam, he spoke to them.
"To my people, all the days gone by, all the lives, loves, and words of the past, are woven into Haydla's braided hair. If what you say about the diseased demons is true, then the whole braid of my life has been cut from her head."
The rays of the moon bounced off his forlorn face.
"That leaves only the healing of the world to be my... our present task. And then..." he paused to worry silently. "And then there is the journey to the future. That, my companions, lies in your stars. Wyrd carves our destinies into the heavens with those little luminaries."

Jormung held out his arms to the heavens and began a melodious chant in the Worshipping Tongue. As he chanted, the sky lit up brighter than any of the others had seen before, and the stars began to move. they danced in formation, telling stories in constellations.

The heroes looked up to see great battles commencing, lovers kissing, merchants barking out prices in town squares. Babies were born, funerals were held, and drunkards placed bets on pig races. All this happened at once in the sky, all round, but when Jormung's chant ended, the constellations dismantled, and the stars settled back in place.

Finally he turned to the others. "I am ashamed of my past but I still treasure it. I had no honor yet I still cherish those memories. I wonder now whether I am dead to the gods. Do you think a man can still have a destiny, even if his past has been buried?"
Jormung
Jormung

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Liam looked to Jormung and then to the stars, amazed by the power of this divine magic he could wield. But when he asked that question liam stood and looked at him with his normal confidence and with his encouraging smile "Destiny begins when one chooses to let it take shape, and my friend the destiny on everyone aboard this ship has changed over the past few weeks. You and I, are not very different in our pasts and neither are our people. Jormung....you and I are not yet left bereft of honor and destiny."
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rat King Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Archie laid down on the ship and felt the cool breeze fall over him and his companions. The wind held a slight chill in it, indicating they were flying even farther northward. He lay there taking in the wonders of the night. Jormung's display of his god's power and Liam's philosophical preachings. When Liam had mentioned his destiny and honor, a sour chord was struck with Archie. He recalled the underhand deal he was forced to make in order to save his people. He had double crossed the Drakin, and it is likely the will not forget this treachery. Archie understood now how important their honor was now.

"My my." Archie nearly whispered. "Such spectacular beliefs you both have. I'm afraid the tale of my people's religion is not so elegant or inspiring. The few who do have some faith usually partake in very grotesque rituals to contact those who have departed." The Rat King chuckled and coughed. "It is not something we're too proud of but, then again, we are not a very proud race to begin with."

Archie did not usually feel sentimental but he had the need to speak up and console his friends in an honest way. It was not something The Rat King indulged in often, for it would be seen as a weakness by many. Yet there was a certain mood in the air tonight, one that made him want to speak from the heart.

"However, you two," Archie sat up. "Are some of the most promising individuals I have met on my travels here. I have seen hundreds of men try and fail in life, and it is not the people who are without flaw that succeed at their purpose. The ones with destiny are the ones who hold onto something. The people who have something to keep going for. Both of your pasts have helped shape you, this is true, but they do not shape your future. Do not wallow in grief, Jormung, look ahead to your destiny and hold on to your faith that all is not lost." Archie spoke then to Liam. "And to you Liam, my friend, probably my first; Hold fast to those things your father said to you, for these things shall guide in times of trouble. Your destiny is molded by the faith you hold closest, if anyone has destiny, it is you two."
The Rat King
The Rat King

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt the Wyverntamer Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Matt sits tired in front of the wheel of his ship. He feels it's time for him to get some air. He hears a noise from above and glances up, then quickly looks back in front of him. He then says, "You've decided to come out, huh? It's quite rare for you to show yourself when strangers are present," he snarks.

A voice responds, in an equally snarky manner, "Aw... I just wanted to see your new friends..." Immediately after, a blonde-haired Zephyroth woman flies down from her room up high in the ship and lands next to Matt. "You know, you really should be more sociable with the people you meet, dear captain... Especially if you're going to be saving the world with them. How about I take the wheel? Go out to the bridge and get some air and chew the fat a little."

Matt chuckles, "Alright Persephone... If you insist. I won't guarantee they'll be too friendly with me, especially that Wyrm King." He hands over the wheel to Persephone. He then walks out of the cockpit and up to the bridge. He smiles and says to the three already gathered there, "Greetings, gentlemen. It's a real lovely night, isn't it?"
Matt the Wyverntamer
Matt the Wyverntamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhos Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Meanwhile in the ships living quarters, the alchemist get's busy conducting research. "I have to say BASE_SEVEN, you are a very unusual creature. In terms of anatomy... you have none, that alone is slightly disturbing-I mean you should'nt be able to biologicaly function much less move or communicate. " As he says this he removes a chunk of slime off BASE_SEVEN, proceeding to his notebook to record his findings. He then places the notebook in a drawer and proceed to the table where BASE_SEVEN was placed. "Alright, let the experiment begin!" He picks up a bonesaw and looks at the slime with a manic expression. "Okay BASE_SEVEN, hold still, I want to see how many times I can carve you up before you can reform. Do not worry though I have experience enough chop to you up without getting you killed." He raises the saw with a slight glare in his galsses. "Oh, and don't attempt to escape either, I've all exits adaquetly sealed."
Mikhos
Mikhos

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Liam looked at matt and smiled "Yes it is. The wind is good and stars are bright, everything a drakin may want." he sighed and said to matt "We got off on a very bad foot, and i know you cant just forgive me...but i would like to be friends with you and Mouse"
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt the Wyverntamer Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:37 am

Matt walks over to Liam and puts an arm around his shoulder. "Friendship, huh? Liam... I consider every member of my crew a part of my family. Because of what you did to my family, I should toss you off the side of this damn ship and watch as you fall and hit the ground and explode in a bloody mess..." He chuckles, "I actually know someone who would do that too. Not all pirates are that savage, though, and I don't consider myself a savage. I'm not really the kind of person who bears grudges against others either, especially during these times, where a grudge could get you in to serious trouble."

Matt takes his arm away of Liam's shoulder and leans against the railing. He looks off into the distance, admiring the scenery passing before him, all the while still speaking to Liam. "I know I told you this before Liam, but I feel that we have quite a bit in common, and I would be honored to call you a friend. I'm not sure that Mouse would feel the same way, however..."
Matt the Wyverntamer
Matt the Wyverntamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:16 pm

Liam nodded and chuckled "Yea i deserved that." he sighed and said "If i had known you...i wouldn't have killed them. I would have just gotten my things back...I am sorry. I hope Mouse feels the same. I promise ill make it up to you my friend."
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt the Wyverntamer Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:27 pm

"I think I should apologize too... Greed sometimes gets the best of us, you know?" he chuckles. "I hope she does too. Things like that tend to... affect her, if you know what I mean? If not, it might take a little time, but I'm sure she'll be alright eventually." Matt then takes out a bottle, the same bottle of alcohol he bought at the bar in the city on that very same day. He opens it up and holds it out to Liam. "You want some?" he asks?
Matt the Wyverntamer
Matt the Wyverntamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BASE_SEVEN Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:05 pm

unknown to them BASE_SEVEN is making all kinds of uncomfortable noises while being carved up in the ships hold.

BASE_SEVEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhos Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:54 pm

"C,mon BASE_SEVEN hold still, how am I going to surgically carve you up if you keep squirming like that!" the alchemist picks up a device as he holds the frantic slime down, with it he administers a shock and BASE_SEVEN reacts with a loud shriek. The grey slime manages to escape his grasp splitting itself into its duplicates to evade him, it then reforms and slips through a small gap in the door. "I can't believe it, my test subject escaped." While pondering as to what might have been the cause for BASE_SEVEN,s instantaneous departure he notices something on the floor, it is a small and translucent piece of grey slime. He kneels down to examine it. "Very interesting, this must've come off of BASE_SEVEN, which means that the atomic slicing tool did it!" he says with a hint of excitement. The alchemist picks up the slime piece and puts it in a vial, he then allocates it to a light, brown satchel on the shelf. "I may have to examine this further, but for now I must have a drink, my soul is a bit weary and the night is still young." With this he makes his way into the corridor.
Mikhos
Mikhos

Back to top Go down

Post  BASE_SEVEN Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:18 pm

After scurrying away from the overzealous alchemist BASE_SEVEN promptly wedges itself deep inside the engine room. Its telepathic powers project its fear throughout the ship.

BASE_SEVEN

Back to top Go down

Post  G.H.O.5.T Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:27 pm

An enigmatic figure climbs around on the ships hull. A female voice comes through loud and clear on his com link. <"G.H.O.5.T, I will be your operator for this mission, have you reached the main objective."> Recognizing the voice on his com link the robotic voice replies in an irritated tone <"Yes, I have successfully arrived at the target airship, what are my orders."> His superior senses his animosity and responds. <"G.H.O.5.T... I know you can't forgive me for what happened but things have changed, we can't let the past get in the way of completing this mission."> G.H.O.5.T calms down and replies into the device, <" Things will never be the same between us, you know that don't you... but your right we don't have time for this.">--<"Okay G.H.O.5.T you know what to do, just destroy all targets you find on that ship and take it down. We need any trace of them to burn along with this mission's existence.">--<"Acknowledged... Sarah, I'll see you soon."> With that the assassin raises his arm, a blade shoots out of the suit in his back and he catches it. he effortlessly slices his way into the ships hull ad makes his way into the corridor in the living quarters of the airship. He doesn't bother to conceal himself for his mission is clear cut, kill everyone and burn everything. "Taking care of the targets won't be an issue, but how am I going to destroy the ship?" He slowly walks down one corridor when all of a sudden he hears a huge BANG! This is followed by a low rumbling sound as he feels the ship slowly descend. "Well that takes care of one problem."
G.H.O.5.T
G.H.O.5.T

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt the Wyverntamer Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:05 pm

As Matt and Liam talk to each other and get to know each other, he hears a loud bang and notices the ship slowly falling. At this moment, he feels a feeling of intense rage that courses through his body. "Well... Someone must be looking for a damned fight then..." he says, as he brings out the pair of revolvers he had earlier. He runs back from the bridge and down into the hold, looking for whatever entity may be causing this calamity. Once he gets down into the living corridors, he sees the cybernetic creature. "Hmm... This can't be one of Mouse's creations..." he thinks to himself. "Hey, gear-head!" he says, "If you're looking for a fight, I'm right here!"

Mouse hears the noises as well. She had been resting for quite some time and finds herself rudely awakened by the noises outside. She peaks her head outside of her door to see what's happening. She looks to the left, and sees nothing. She looks to the right, and still nothing. "Hmph... What is all this racket!?" she says, as she steps out of her room. She walks down the hallways, searching for the cause, until she reaches the hallway where Matt and G.H.O.5.T are. She approaches Matt. "Captain!" she squeals, "Did you know we're being attac-" She notices G.H.O.5.T. She pulls out her slingshot and takes out one of her explosive "jellybeans" and aims at the robotic fiend.

Deep down in the deepest parts of the ship, however, Fang the wyvern lies sleeping, initially unaware of the events taking place around him.
Matt the Wyverntamer
Matt the Wyverntamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BASE_SEVEN Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:37 pm

BASE_SEVEN comes screeching out of the engine room just before a fireball bursts from the door it just slid under and bolts past the confrontation in the hallway.

BASE_SEVEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:43 pm

Liam heard the explosion and swore to himself "What now? Who the hell is going to attack us!?" He follows quickly after Matt and gets there right after mouse. He stops when he sees the man "Hi tech human armor, you can tell by the type he is made for assassination, I've stolen that kind of cybernetics from warehouses all over Praugres."
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhos Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:04 am

Mikhos comes back down the familiar hallway with a bottle of ale in his right hand and his pocket watch in his left. The ever so persistent rumbling continuous as the ship descends. "What in hell is going on with the ship, I wonder if Matt has already gotten drunk at the wheel." He heads for his room, grabs the vial that contained the slime piece and heads out. But Mikhos knows that something is wrong and he can't help but feel a strange guilt wash over him. " I've got a bad feeling..." he says as he heads down a corridor, he increases his pace and hears the groups voice down another corner of the hallway. he heads for the sound of the commotion, he starts shouting, "Matt, Liam, what's going on this place is falling apa-!" His words are cut short and he comes to an abrupt stop almost tripping over himself. The alchemist stares down an unfamiliar face, "who are you stranger, and what are you doing on this ship?" He ready's himself for combat as he sees that his allies all do the same, apprehensive of this stranger.
Mikhos
Mikhos

Back to top Go down

Post  G.H.O.5.T Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:26 am

The man in the metallic suit studies the people in front of him. " Well, lucky me, it seems that the targets have saved me the trouble of finding them." The assassin ready's his blade and changes his stance. He hears Matt speak and responds, "Ahh, so you want to be the first fall by my blade, if you wish to fight so be it." The assassin starts towards Matt and swings his blade.
G.H.O.5.T
G.H.O.5.T

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt the Wyverntamer Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:45 am

Matt quickly blocks the assassin's sword with the muzzle of one of the revolvers. "But you see... I won't be the one who dies here... For you see, you've pissed off the captain of his ship, and as captain, I'll do everything in my power to destroy you," he says. He then points the second revolver at the assassin's face. He cocks the hammer, then pulls the trigger, launching a blast of ferocious fire at him.

Meanwhile, in the cockpit, Persephone tries her damnedest to steady the ship. "Oh damnit..." she says.
Matt the Wyverntamer
Matt the Wyverntamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BASE_SEVEN Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:56 am

Once it has calmed down enough BASE_SEVEN notices that there are vibrations of combat coming from the crew area and rushes off to investigate.

BASE_SEVEN

Back to top Go down

Post  G.H.O.5.T Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:19 pm

G.H.O.5.T gets caught off guard by the flurry of bullets and tries to dodge but ends up staggering backwards. He regains his stance but his mask is damaged. "Damn, I should never have taken you so lightly. You actually managed to fry my scanners. I'll have to switch to combat mode." The suit's computer recognizes the command and responds, "SCAN MODE OFFLINE, NOW SWITCHING TO COMBAT MODE." The eyes of the mask flash as G.H.O.5.T goes on the offensive. He swings his sword at Matt making a coupe of horizontal slashes and a strong vertical swing down to the ground. Matt expertly dodges every single move and as G.H.O.5.T aims for his chest he once again blocks with the muzzle of his gun. "Hmph, looks like I'm gonna have to put in some effort to kill you." With this a glint flickers in Matt's eyes, he spots the knife G.H.O.5.T pulls out of the leg piece of his armor and has but a moment to react.
G.H.O.5.T
G.H.O.5.T

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt the Wyverntamer Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Upon seeing the knife, Matt quickly kicks at G.H.O.5.T's legs, knocking him to the ground. He then shoots G.H.O.5.T with his second gun, this time shooting lightning bullets, aiming straight for the chest.

Meanwhile, a panicked Persephone keeps pulling and pushing on random levers and buttons. "How does this thing even work!?" she shouts, trying to keeps the ship afloat. "Is this even working!? I knew I should've stayed in my room today..." she sighs.
Matt the Wyverntamer
Matt the Wyverntamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Liam whispered a few words in draconic tongue and three of his wyrms that were behind him shot out and wrapped themselves around Ghost as he fell back, and after the lightning hiy, constricting him with as much force as they could exert so he couldn't break free. Liam walked forward, his fingers slightly clawed now and he leaned down in front of ghost and sighed "Let's be civil shall we? Who sent you?"
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  G.H.O.5.T Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:03 pm

G.H.O.5.T begins to laugh at the strange question, "Hahaha, what on Velios would make me give out any information on my organization, hahahahahahaha he jests!" But then the wyrms start to coil themselves tighter around his chest, in obvious pain he stops laughing and begins to speak again, "Argh, okay I'll talk." The wyrms loosen their grip and the assassin continuous. "The organization I work for is The Eye of Order, it is an order of assassins whose goal is to keep the world of Velios in perfect balance through chaos. My designation in this order is 7723-G.H.O.5.T, and I was sent here to kill all of you." G.H.O.5.T's submission is evident. It is clear to him that he would not be able to escape, he was surrounded and his suit was badly damaged. His com link was not responding thus sealing his fate, he would have no way to call the cavalry.
G.H.O.5.T
G.H.O.5.T

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhos Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:15 pm

"That was superb, bravo everyone I have to say you had me a bit worried there." The ships rumbling and the increasing decent starts to take precedent over the hero's victory. Explosions are heard in the distance and G.H.O.5.T starts to speak again, "Well it looks like we all might just die together after all, my mission is nearing completion the faster the ship descends." Mikhos shouts at him with a sign of fear in his eyes, "There is no way I will let that happen!" His gaze turns to Matt, "Matt, where is the engine room of the ship?"
Mikhos
Mikhos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum