Velios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fend off the Infection

+4
Slailie
Tyurnis
Mermaid Princess Lorelei
Talas
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fend off the Infection Empty Fend off the Infection

Post  Talas Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:35 pm

When the group finally gets to the infected region, the destruction is clear. A storm cloud hovers above the entire region.The plants around the party have all turned black, but they continue to grow and strangle the life out of all living things. The ground has became a sickly dull orange color and it is rotting away. Strange howls and shrieks are heard in the distance, and an urgent feeling of danger and dread fills everyone.

Talas speaks, "I hope that we may find the means to hold back this plague."

The party continues to approach, feeling very uneasy.
Talas
Talas

Back to top Go down

Fend off the Infection Empty Re: Fend off the Infection

Post  Mermaid Princess Lorelei Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Lorelei frets, "Oh dear... How did I get into this!? I'm not used to fighting on land..."
Mermaid Princess Lorelei
Mermaid Princess Lorelei

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyurnis Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:01 pm

Tyurnis is walking along side Talas very bored and he sighed "Waiting and walking like this is such a bore" he heard those loud noises "Did you hear that roar?"
Tyurnis
Tyurnis

Back to top Go down

Post  Slailie Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:19 pm

In the distance, the party would be able to discern the origins of the inhuman screams. A large group of infected were being beaten off by what appeared to be a very large Human, and a child.. They seemed to be holding their own very well.
Slailie
Slailie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyurnis Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Tyurnis looked and saw them "Oh look, there is two people in a fight!" he knocked an arrow in his bow and smirked, closing on eye and aiming at a few infected "May my arrows fly like light!"
Tyurnis
Tyurnis

Back to top Go down

Post  Talas Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Talas notices the two fighting hideous creatures. And immediately dashes towards them, sword drawn.
"Let us aid them. Quickly, Ányë hilya(follow me)!"
Talas
Talas

Back to top Go down

Post  Mermaid Princess Lorelei Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:34 pm

"Umm... Okay... You can do this Lorelei!" she says to herself. She uncorks a leather satchel full of water, strapped at her side, and pulls it out, controlling it. She launches some of the water at an infected in the form of a water ball.
Mermaid Princess Lorelei
Mermaid Princess Lorelei

Back to top Go down

Post  Slailie Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:35 pm

When the group got closer, the taller human - cloaked in black - was attacking at a steady rate. While the smaller one, still appearing to be a child of undiscernable gender was a ball of red headed fury with swords drawn and attacking viciously at any of the infected that got near her.
Slailie
Slailie

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:37 pm

The infection rages forward, attacking the two humans as well as now the new comers. Right now they are being attacked by small infected monstrosities not quite a lot of large human sized ones yet, there was a grouping of small villages in this region and all of the populace would be infected now, but they would stay near the center...for now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://velios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Talas Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:55 pm

Talas's sword danced wildly around him. He slashed and stabbed at the creatures with ferocity as the power from fighter's spirit within his necklace started to take effect. He took down three of the monsters immediately, turning the tide of the battle. In this excited state, Talas instinctively spoke in the harsh Drow Elvish.

"Haryuvalvë túrë!" (The battle is ours!)
Talas
Talas

Back to top Go down

Post  Mermaid Princess Lorelei Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Lorelei keeps bombarding the smaller infected with water balls.
Mermaid Princess Lorelei
Mermaid Princess Lorelei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dane Strider Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:34 pm

The taller figure turns toward the group behind him, and with the realization that they are uninfected, turns back to the battle. His movements were calculated and precise, his back handed bloodrayne blades almost never missed its target.

Dane Strider
Dane Strider

Back to top Go down

Post  Talas Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:42 pm

The infected are quickly overwhelmed by the reinforcements and the fight ends abruptly. The dead bodies of the disfigured creatures are strewn about.
Talas cleans his blade on the dead grass and speaks to the two new fighters. His thick Drow accent is still present.

"It is strange to find lone travelers in these parts. Do you reside in yonder village? It looks as though it has fallen to these monsters."
Talas
Talas

Back to top Go down

Post  Slailie Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:48 pm

The apparent child straightened, sheathing her swords. Pushing her hair back, it is clear that she is a girl. Coming over to stand near the tall human, defensively she responded. "Fortunately no. We are wandering mercenaries, these infected clearly needed taking care of. Thank you for the assistance but we had everything under perfect control."
Slailie
Slailie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dane Strider Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:04 pm

The man turned to them and lowered his head, his weapons still coated in infected blood. He slashes the air, cleaning his blades before Slailie joined him.

"We had this covered, but I thank you for your aid," He said as he raised his hands and lowered his hood, revealing his dark red hair and rough, aged face. His appeared to be in his early thirties.
Dane Strider
Dane Strider

Back to top Go down

Post  Talas Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:19 pm

"Áni apsenë (forgive me), I meant no harm. My name is Talas Everstar, and we are here to stop this vile infection as well. I would have thee join us to investigate this town."
Talas
Talas

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyurnis Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Tyurnis had been acting as ranged support throughout the battle and walked up to them smiling "We have to go and kill all the infection so far found, so the rest of the world can be safe and sound."
Tyurnis
Tyurnis

Back to top Go down

Post  Dane Strider Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:34 pm

Dane turned toward the city.

"We won't need your help with this, but I won't stop you from following."
Dane Strider
Dane Strider

Back to top Go down

Post  Slailie Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:02 pm

Slailie looked the group over, nodding in agreement. She whipped around and started prancing away towards the city.
Slailie
Slailie

Back to top Go down

Post  Noquor Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:11 am

Nalrak, who had given crowd control support during the battle, seemed irritated with the man's personality. He scoffed at the man before he turned away.

Nithien approached the girl after sheathing his weapons.

"What is a someone like you doing in such a dangerous place?"
Noquor
Noquor

Back to top Go down

Post  Slailie Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:35 am

Slailie eyed him suspiciously, before turning her attention back to the city ahead. Not wanting to turn away a chance for small talk, she decided to talk to him. It was nice to talk to someone, other then the tall man ahead of them. "Like you, I'm fighting the infected.. I guess you could say I have a personal vendetta against them. Yourself?"
Slailie
Slailie

Back to top Go down

Post  Noquor Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am

He looked at her with a bit of curiosity.

"A vendetta, why? I hadn't thought the infection was so far spread to the west," he paused. "I am a half blood, and so I am an exile. I've wandered most my life and seen the infection with my own eyes before any believed of its existence. Nalrak lost someone close to him from this plague, and now seeks to destroy it. He once gave up everything for my freedom so I fight by his side."
Noquor
Noquor

Back to top Go down

Post  Slailie Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:52 am

Slailie listened in silence, hearing him through with patience. "It is spread much farther then you would believe.. And in many different forms.. That" - She indicated the man in front of her - "Is my brother. It is not for me to disclose all of our past, but the infection is very close to home for us. It is very odd to see such a large party with such diversity. Does your group work for someone? There must be some money involved in this."
Slailie
Slailie

Back to top Go down

Post  Noquor Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:13 am

Nithien nodded.

"Yes, some are in this for the money," he said in a distasteful tone. "But my brother wants revenge, although his brash, self-confident demeanor would never show it."
Noquor
Noquor

Back to top Go down

Post  Slailie Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:28 pm

She raised her eyebrows, not looking back towards the group. "And what about yourself?"
Slailie
Slailie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum