Velios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the Centaurs

+6
Arivain
Band of Elysia
Jormung
The Rat King
Matt the Wyverntamer
Liam the Wyrm King
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

To the Centaurs - Page 4 Empty Re: To the Centaurs

Post  The Rat King Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:52 am

Archie observes the brown parcel with interest. The document seemed to small to consist of the monthly report, yet all weekly news was spoken to him directly.The letter looked as though it was constructed quite hastily. The Rat Person who delivered the message was off just as soon as he was there, for there were many more letters to spend out. Archie had time only to notice a hint of well hidden panic in his face. He suspected something terrible was amiss.
These thoughts were not openly apparent in Archie's body language to any onlooker. Anyone observing would notice only a quiet, polite exchange between the two. Rather than open the letter just yet, Archie decided that a deal with the Centaurs should be reached first. He spoke up to reason with their allies.

"Friends," He greeted the Centaurs, "I think by now we have established our sincerity. We seek your powers of healing to help stop a vile infection in the land, for you are the only ones capable of dealing with such an enemy. I know that we ask a great deal in a short amount of time, but please accompany us to the kingdom that we set out from. Near there you can see the devastation this disease has caused and the King can provide you with clearer details. We cannot wait here much longer wasting time." Archie awaited eagerly for their response so that he may attend to his own matters.
The Rat King
The Rat King

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhos Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Mikhos awaited the centaur's response impatiently. "At the rate we are going the infection must have laid waste to thousands of innocent lives." he thought as he observed Archie's speech. He gazed around the room to observe everyones expression and saw that they were just as calm as Archie was. This troubled him, for though he knew that they were here on a quest of diplomacy, their expressions betrayed the severity of the situation, he knew that the infection does not sleep and at this very moment is consuming everything in its path. He now looked over to the centaurs, "We can only hope that they understand what's at stake..."
Mikhos
Mikhos

Back to top Go down

Post  Band of Elysia Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:04 pm

The group would've been brought to a Centaur camp, a small and modest ring of nomadic structures built around a central bonfire. There were a few tents, a longhouse, and two small storehouses. It was the camp of the Band of Elysia, a small, young, but noble band of centaurs who were the family and descendants of the healer Eurydia. Several came out to greet them, mostly young siblings, but also their Warrior Patriarch, Enon. He towered above the other Centaurs in a naturally intimidating fashion. Although his voice was low and soft, it was still commanding - like distant thunder. He first checked over the group once more along with his son Aristaeides before allowing them to enter the longhouse. Inside, a Centauress with long, platinum hair that flowed down past her withers awaited them, attended by two of her daughters and an elder stallion.

"I am Eurydia," she said in a soothing tone, "and I have heard your pleas. Know that my place is here, with my people, and never before have I ventured beyond the grasslands of the Centaur." She paused, reading their reactions. "However, I am bound to go where the wind shall guide me. I would be wrong to decline. If your words are true - and I believe they are - then we will make haste to where we are needed." She turned to one of her daughters. "Eudariadne, gather our things and have Nephyssa and Aristaeides ready themselves." She then nodded at Enon, who waited in the doorway of the longhouse. "And you as well, my love." Eudariadne, a silver-haired, silver-coated mare exited the longhouse to gather her things and inform her siblings of their mother's decree.

The elder male, who had been quietly observing the situation, grumbled. "Eurydia! The wisest choices are not made in haste. Let us discuss this first before you throw yourself and your children into harm's way."

"My dear Phaetonus, you know I value your counsel. But this is our path." She offered a serene expression, the one that always showed him that her mind was made and she wouldn't change it. She gazed back towards the group of travelers assembled in her longhouse. "If you wait for us outside while we prepare, we will follow. You have the aid of Elysia." She bowed her head.
Band of Elysia
Band of Elysia

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam the Wyrm King Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Liam smiled at her and nodded his thanks "We thank you for choosing to come and aid us against this infection, another group of warriors has been dispatched by the same people who sent us, but they were sent to do direct combat with the infected to stem their flow near a inter-race city state. I believe his orders were to head back to the city once we convinced you to help us."
Liam the Wyrm King
Liam the Wyrm King

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt the Wyverntamer Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:00 pm

"Thank you very much," he says to her, bowing, "Once you're all ready, we'll head to my ship." He leaves the longhouse, with Mouse following behind.
Matt the Wyverntamer
Matt the Wyverntamer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rat King Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:23 pm

Archie stood slumped against a wall of the lighthouse in silence, staring ahead at no where in particular. He is lost in clearly lost in thought but his face is blank as to what that might be. He grew tired of the long ordeals of the Centaurs, and his head perked up whenever Eurydia spoke. When she agreed to accompany the group, Archie noticeably smiled.
"Excellent! you have our most humble thanks, Elysia." Archie exclaimed. He hustled to leave the longhouse with Matt and Liam. Several Rat People dressed in black waited expectantly outside.

"Now you must excuse me good gentlemen, but a matter of urgency has took hold of my attention. I would explain to you the exact circumstances, but this case is extremely time sensitive." Archie steps over with the guards and nods to the party.

"So please forgive my rudeness, but I must take my leave for a while now. I have a faster means of travel than this ship and would prefer to keep my travel unannounced for now. Farewell, friends." As Archie goes to leave, an observant person can see now that his face, calm and aloof up until now, is stark white with panic.
The Rat King
The Rat King

Back to top Go down

Post  Jormung Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Jormung, relieved to discover that it was time to leave, took the opportunity to exuse himself from feebly attempting to solve a wooden puzzle that one of the centaur youth had presented to him.
"I'm afraid this one takes a better thinker than myself, short one."
He handed the puzzle back to the colt and patted her head as gently as he could.
"Talk has wilted, and action takes root!"
Jormung straightened himself, and turned to face the centaurs around him. He smiled, then whistled six notes in a little sing-song melody. A few adults chuckled to themselves, while some of the children echoed the tune.
Jormung gave Archie a sober eye and a stiff nod, then fell in line with the rest of the warriors.
Jormung
Jormung

Back to top Go down

Post  G.H.O.5.T Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:18 pm

Outside the camp an unseen eye lurks in the shadows. <"G.H.O.5.T, have you arrived at the designated location yet."> a voice says through the com link. <"Affirmative, targets located, three of them seem to be seperating from the rest of the group... should I follow."> the mysterious character says in an eerily robotic voice. <" No, stay with the main group, our main priority is to make sure they do not return to the city with the healer."> G.H.O.5.T hesitates but a moment and then replies, <"Understood, I will follow the targets until order to attack is confirmed."> The figure then dissapears from beyond the shadows... as if he were never there.
G.H.O.5.T
G.H.O.5.T

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4